Tuesday, March 3, 2009

What 'cha doin', Mama?

Ok, so we still had ice in some places yesterday and I was in a parking lot trying to get to my car, holding Emalyn. Well, we had almost got to the car when my foot flew out from under me. I bumped Emalyn's head and then slammed my face into my car. When I say my face, I mean my right eye, my nose and my forehead. It hurt. So, I didn't fall and as I regain my balance, my daughter says to me "What 'cha doin', Mama?" I told her I was trying not to fall and her response is "Don't drop me, Mama." As I made sure that I didn't hurt her head when I bumped into her, I assured her that wouldn't happen and got her in the car. I went around the car and got in, got her strapped in and had to sit there for about 5 minutes to get my head cleared. I thought I was going to throw up or pass out...and during this time, Emalyn is sitting in the backseat eating pretzels and singing "Jesus Loves Me."

So, anyway, I'm fine and Emalyn's fine; I just have a headache. But, I just wanted to share what Emalyn's thoughts were as I was trying to knock myself out in a parking lot...with an audience. ;)

Oh, and John didn't seem worried about me when I got home...I still had to cook dinner, do the dishes and the laundry!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's really not fair. I guess in order to get out of cooking dinner you would have to lose consciousness or break a bone or something. I think I'd remember that as John's recovering (LOL).