Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Girls, Girls, Girls!

me & Jamie Jamie & Micki
Lisa
Autumn & Mandi me, Misty & Lisa
There are several of us girls that have been friends since...well, forever. We all go back to at least junior high. Knowing each other for about 20 years now, we have been through a lot. We get together at least once a year, but now, we finally took a trip together - as adults! We haven't done anything like this since our senior prom..and my, oh, my, how we have changed.
We have grown up (somewhat). We have husbands, kids, jobs, school, volunteer work...and each other. We can drive each other cRaZy (right, Mandi?), but we all love each other.
We hit Branson in mid-April for a long weekend and we had a great time. We ate and we shopped. Then, we ate and we shopped some more and hit a show. We stayed up too late and got up too early.
We should have done this a long time ago. It was great and we plan to do it again.
A big thanks to Mandi for planning our trip and chauffering. Autumn - it wouldn't have been right without you...thanks for driving up by yourself. Micki, Jamie, Drope & Lisa...I think we pushed Mandi to the edge of her sanity and put her "comfort zone" to the test. And, I hope you all learned your lesson that just because you put me and Lisa in the backseat, you still can't control us!
For those of you that didn't make it, you missed a great time...and I bet your ears were burning.
Who's planning the next get away?

1 comment:

Lisa Sprouse said...

I'm ready ANYTIME y'all are...it truly was a GREAT time and I love each of y'all so much! Memories that will last a lifetime!